Friday, June 27, 2014

A Thought: Overthinking

I would have to admit that I am one that think too much. Maybe that is in my nature because I am an artist and with my art many times I dive deep into my own psyche during creation. I like to look at things, tear them apart in my mind and then put them back together. For all my thinking though, it is sometimes so easy to look past the easiest things. God keeps it simple, all he wants it for you to love him with all your heart, mind and soul and to love others like you would like to be loved. 

That’s it, thats the nitty gritty of it, can that be hard sometimes to do? Yes, but I accept that it is because I am flawed. After I go through the drive through and they get my order wrong and it too late to go back cause I am running late and I get stuck behind the slow person in the left hand lane, and I keep getting urgent texts from my wife to call immediately while I have food I don’t want in my hand it can be hard to walk into life and treat people with kindness. I learn to do so from Jesus. I find a lot of lessons on loving in the new testament from him. When I heed those teachings I find that my life slows down and things come into focus. When I love as he teaches and give, give, give and serve, serve, serve I get overwhelmed with peace. Its easy to get mad and gripe on everyone cause you are having a bad day, but rather than leaving a clear cut forest in my wake I try and plant seeds that grow into might trees that shade me from the days hot glaring sun. That is what Gods love is to me.

I wouldn’t have known Jesus if it hadn’t been for God, because after all God sent him here. I know more about God and the Love and patience he has because of Jesus. Without studying Jesus I can see how some think God is all fire and brimstone. I know now and I know better and having that as my example in life has been and still is so helpful everyday. So no when I find myself in situations where I am just not getting ahead and I just want to keep punishing myself working at “it” I stop, bow my head and take a deep breath. I say the lords prayer and ask for help. I know that may seem hokey to those that are not used to doing such actions. In it I find calm and focus. Is my life without problems? No. Am I a perfect man? No. I do stupid stuff just about everyday but I ask for forgiveness and trod on and try and not make the same mistakes again. I have lived with God in my life and on my own, and I find having God on the inside of my life it a lot more peaceful.

Matthew 11:25-30

25 At that time Jesus declared, "I thank thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; 26 yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will. 27All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment