Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Thought: Going Home

I like to travel as much as the next guy. It just really hits my soul when I finally get back home in my own bed and back into my regular routine. Home is familiar and safe, or at least it is supposed to be. I have had times in my life when “home”, the place I slept was a nightmare. All I could do was keep my eyes and ears open for danger, look for a way out. It was a time in my life when I very rarely prayed and my prayers were always like, “Oh God please get me out of this one and I promise I will never do anything this stupid again.” Sound familiar? I hope not. 

It wasn’t till I took a long hard look at my life, slapped myself in the face and sat down and prayed for forgiveness that things started to get better. Many times I have seen that stuff with “W.W.J.D.” (What Would Jesus Do) on it. I would just scoff at it. Till the day that I realized things needed changed. Every day I had spent every waking hour trying to find things that would just make me “feel good” cause I felt so terrible on the inside. I didn’t turn to God in one second and SHAZAM everything was all better. It was a journey, and with each second that I took time to learn what Jesus would do things got better. After, I started following Jesus’s example of love, love, love, forgive, love, forgive myself, love love love. I found the more that I loved and gave and stopped thinking of myself but of others the more whole I began to feel. The more I gave the more came back to me. 

My life isn’t perfect. I am not perfect. I still make some pretty dumb mistakes once in a while but I love so I ask for forgiveness with true honesty to those I hurt and to God. So I have found a home, in God through Jesus and I feel at home in Church and I do my best to take it with me everywhere so I can have that feeling of home wherever I go, because for me, its where I belong.

Luke 2:41-51

41Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the Passover. 42And when he was twelve years old, they went up according to custom; 43and when the feast was ended, as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it, 44but supposing him to be in the company they went a day's journey, and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintances; 45and when they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking him. 46After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions; 47and all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. 48And when they saw him they were astonished; and his mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been looking for you anxiously." 49And he said to them, "How is it that you sought me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?" 50And they did not understand the saying which he spoke to them. 51And he went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and his mother kept all these things in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment