Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Thought: Living Forever

I have heard people say that they do not want to live forever and I have heard others say that they do. As a musician and someone who loves life I want to live forever. There is so much out there that I never want to die. I find life absolutely fascinating and I want to keep learning. Today I learned about patience. I was cutting some metal by hand and it seemed that the harder I worked at it the longer it took. Finally I had to ‘let go’ and not force the saw. I had to let the blade do the cutting and merely move it back and forth. Every time I pushed to hard it would hang up and I would have to reset my blade and build momentum again.

I am very guilty of doing this with God. I find something in life so interesting that I just want to jump in and get it done quickly. God doesn’t work like that. A lot of times the learning you need is in the journey. I may want to understand a certain scripture right now, but I learn so much more in the journey to finding my answer. I live in a life with a lot of instant access and it becomes second nature to expect it. “BOOM” and its here and I got it. 

The most important thing though is love and too love properly. To love God with all my mind body and soul and to love others as I love myself. I know that God loves me. I know that he wants me to want to spend time with him. I may not always get what I want but he is here helping me get what I need. I can store up money in the bank, I can make sure my pantry is full of food and I can keep my children at home all the time. But one day I will die, the food with rot, the money will mean nothing to me then and my children will be on their own. So I work to save for the future but help anyone I can when I got some extra money in my pocket. I make sure that I can feed my family but I also try to help feed those less fortunate. I try my best to teach my children about the world, how wonderful it is and what to watch out for so they can have happy safe lives.

I have accepted that there is a God. I have taken his son Jesus Christ as my savior. I reach his teachings and take communion to take him into me. For Jesus is the “bread of life” and with him I will have eternal life in heaven.

Am I perfect? No.

But I do try to learn from my mistakes. I ask for forgiveness and I try and be a better person and move forward in my learning of life. 

Do I have to do this? No.

God gave me free will. I have lived with him in my life and I have lived ignoring his ways. I choose to have God in my life because it makes me happy, because I want to goto heaven, because I want to keep learning. I could walk away at any point. I could amass fortunes and be greedy. I could do the drugs that make my mind feel a moment of temporary glee. I could slyly prey on women and have sex  with as many people as I could try and muster, but I would be empty. I would keep looking for that “high” and would keep falling short, and on that journey I would be empty from the absence of love. Love makes me happy and sex and drugs and money does not bring me love. It just gets me stuff and accomplishments that are never enough but with love I am satisfied. With love I feel full. With love I can stop and learn and share and keep making my life better and better. 

I get my love from God and I am thankful, so I worship him, I give him thanks for his great glory.


I dunno but that’s me.

No comments:

Post a Comment