Friday, May 2, 2014

A Poem: "Climbing Out"

“Climbing Out”

The dancing clown is chasing me
Smiling with that grin
He offered his sweet potions
To try and pull me in
I look away everyday
To keep safe what I have
But he is oh so persistent
And his lies don’t seem that bad
I try to shake my head so hard
To get out of this house
The mirrors are confusing 
And time is running out
Each turn I try to holler
And reach out for some help
But all I hear are echoes
Of the screams that I shout
Deep inside I find some peace
A second at a time
Without it I would probably fall
In chains I would reside
And most of all a shining light
That clown hates oh so much
Thats why he hides my matches
And my candles and the such
For all my aches and pains 
That slow me down each day
I gladly bear all of it

So that I can get away

No comments:

Post a Comment