Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Thought: The Holy Spirit and Asking for Help

The Holy Spirit is a pretty cool thing but its also a rather hefty thing to wrap your head around. I have read a little bit on the subject and what other people think, and I am just left with an awe and thankfulness for such a wonderful gift. Basically Jesus was like training wheels for the disciples. He taught them and then sent them out for a bit. When they came back from their journeys he was there and the disciples told Jesus about what happened on their travels. That sort of reminds me of coming back to school after summer break and we would all tell our teachers of all the exciting things we did while we were apart from them. 

But there had to be a graduation day where we moved on and never came back to the classroom. Jesus left physically but in his place he left the Holy Spirit with the disciples. 

So I got baptized to wash away all my sins and I got confirmed to get that gift of the Holy Spirit. I know it sounds weird but I really find a guiding presence with me. That may sound odd, but it is true. I am still a man. I still do some pretty stupid things sometimes but I am not alone. I have help to try and guide me the right way to do the right things. I don’t have Jesus but I have the Bible and in it his teachings. I have the Holy Spirit with me. They are my training wheels and if I feel lost I get on my knees and pray to God for some insight. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are my training wheels.

When I make mistakes I ask for forgiveness. I go to “Confession” cause I am catholic. Those who aren’t go pray straight to the man himself. Some may think this is weird as well but I have lived my life outside of the Church, I have lived as a protestant as well as Catholic and for me I find true peace going to confession. Its as if a weight has been lifted off of me when I come out of that door. I am truly thankful for the gifts and blessings that I have been given. I will not tell you what to do. You have been given free will just like me by God. You can do as you wish. You are not a robot forced to love. God wants you to choose him but you don’t have too if you don’t want to. If you do though the gifts that come are amazing and truly helpful. I do suggest them. For your peace, for your life so that you may find a love that fills like no other. 


I know how this may sound. Like a bunch of hokey baloney bull crap. I know cause I used to be on the outside unhappy at times most just unfulfilled with life looking for something more. I found it here on the inside of the “Church” with God. There is nothing I or anyone else can do for you. This is one of those things that you have to do on your own. You have to make that decision and step out into it. Have questions? Nothing wrong with that, all you have to do is ask. Ask that Christian freak you know, or that cool pastor you heard about just remember asking people though means you have to be patient because just because you are asking a Christian we are still people who are flawed we might act weird cause we get a lot of flack from nonbelievers. Me I took a second, found a quiet space and asked God. You don’t have to close your eyes or bow your head if you don’t want to. I do this out of respect for God at the dinner table and at church, but there are many times I will look straight up, eyes wide open, and be like, “Whats going on here? Help please!” I just talk to him like I am talking to you know. Sound stupid? You can think what you want that’s okay. I got mine and I am happy. You just need to decide about yours.

I dunno, thats just me.

John 16:5-11
5But now I am going to him who sent me; yet none of you asks me, `Where are you going?' 6But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts. 7Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8And when he comes, he will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;10concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more;11concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment