Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Trying to Keep My Head Up and Eyes Open


I've had the pleasure to meet some talented people. My mother always told me never to judge someone by how the look or where they are from. I am very thankful because I have met loads to talented, touched people from all walks of life. The things they have shared have been every thing from life changing to being the person that has just the right thing to say at the right time to get me through my day when it is tough.

I no I am no one special. I am just some guy that try's to do good and be good. Inevitably I fall on my face from time to time. I get up and try again. I apologize to people I offend and try not to do it again. I think that the first step to moving forward and helping others is being open to enlightenment. I know that if I don't open myself to something greater than me I will never become anything.

This can be rather humbling. I find that when I have the attitude that, "Hey I'm great" I get so caught up in my own self appreciation that I block my ability to help others because I am too busy glorifying myself. I work hard to stay humble, to look out instead of in. To be one of the chosen 12 must have been an amazing thing. To even be a disciple following Jesus' travels must have been cool place to be. I may have a moment or two here or there where I feel the holy spirt come into me and I use it well. Feels like the best shot of love I can ever get, sorta like watching my kids open their presents on Christmas day.

To have the opportunity to help someone in their time of need is truly a gift we only but need to open our eyes to see the opportunity. We don't need to do something so awesome as to cure someone's disease by touch. I'll leave that up to the big man. For now I will be satisfied helping those in need with either the extra money in my pocket, the helping hand to someone who is overwhelmed, or the peace of mind to someone that feels they are all alone.


Luke 6: 12 - 19
12 In these days he went out to the mountain to pray; and all night he continued in prayer to God.
13 And when it was day, he called his disciples, and chose from them twelve, whom he named apostles;
14 Simon, whom he named Peter, and Andrew his brother, and James and John, and Philip, and Bartholomew,
15 and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon who was called the Zealot,
16 and Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.
17 And he came down with them and stood on a level place, with a great crowd of his disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem and the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear him and to be healed of their diseases;
18 and those who were troubled with unclean spirits were cured.
19 And all the crowd sought to touch him, for power came forth from him and healed them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment